Guidelines for the best Sense Saves experience:
- Be respectful. Treat everyone on this site with respect. Criticism is ok, but criticism should be constructive. If you see something you think we should moderate, please email SenseSaves@sense.com. Moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time.
- Stay relevant. Make sure your comments are productive and contribute to the conversation.
- Be descriptive. Always include make/model information when possible. It’s more helpful to everyone when you can do the extra bit of investigative work to gather this information.
- Be safe and legal. A licensed and trusted electrician should be consulted as the final word for any home electrical alterations.
- Be honest. Give credit where credit is due. If you utilized a tip from another member, cite their original post.
- Don’t spam. Please don’t re-post the same information across multiple entries. Please don’t post self-promotional content, or content that could be understood as “upvote spamming.”
- Maintain privacy. Do not share private information about other members on this forum. Do not share private information from your Support tickets, including names and contact information of Support agents, or of other Sense employees.
A note about moderation on Sense Saves
All posts and comments will be approved at the discretion of a moderator. Approval criteria include both distinct, quantified savings (in dollars or wattage) and specificity to a single device.
Moderators may occasionally make edits to your post(s) before approval. These edits may include fixing typos and other grammatical issues, as well as making organizational changes to do with post titles and tags. If you feel that a moderator has edited your post in error, please contact SenseSaves@sense.com
If a moderator has questions or concerns about any posts of yours on the site, they may reach out to you via your provided registration email address.
How we use this information
Please note that this is not a customer support channel and for specific technical issues related to Sense or your Sense installation, you should contact our Customer Support team. This is also not a review channel. If you’d like to leave a review of Sense, you may do so via our Facebook page or at Amazon.
We actively monitor this site so that we can improve Sense. This includes new features, and improvements in hardware, installation, software, and device detection. We may investigate particular homes to better understand or resolve an issue that affects the Sense community. Users must log in using their Sense account details, so that their data may be cross-referenced with their home to troubleshoot possible technical issues.
By posting at Sense Saves, you are agreeing that: (1) your submission and its contents will automatically become licensed to and the property of Sense, without any compensation to you; (2) Sense may use, copy, modify, publish, or redistribute the submission and its contents for any purpose and in any way, including implementation in products or services; (3) there is no obligation for Sense to review yours or other submissions; and (4) there is no obligation for Sense or any of its employees to keep the submission confidential. Note that in cases where Sense may use, copy, modify, publish, or redistribute your submission, it will be done so without exposing any personally identifiable information. You will be cited according to your publicly facing credentials used within the Sense Saves Site. If you do not want to grant to Sense the rights set out above, do not send your Submission to the Sense Saves Site.